The Specialist, Paid Search (SEM) is a mid-level position where you will focus on developing a deep understanding of, and expertise in, Search Engine Marketing – specifically Paid Search, including YouTube. The Specialist will assist the larger team to execute paid media tactics, optimize campaigns, manage budgets, analyze data, extrapolate insights, and make recommendations based on in-market results coming from Search campaigns. Search is a 24-hour, 7-day a week medium so the work is fast-paced and sometimes ad hoc. The ability to work as part of a team in such an environment is critical, as is a sense of innate curiosity, attention to detail and a self-motivated work ethic. The Specialist is the subject matter expert and will participate in strategic conversations with various teams across the agency including Strategy, Digital Investment, Analytics, Programmatic and TV/OTT.
In the Specialist role, you will have the opportunity to focus on SEM as you work toward completion of a predetermined checklist to determine your advanced mastery of the channel. Your ability to identify trends, stay abreast of industry advancements and engage with new partners and vendors to seek out innovation and opportunity is key to your success in this role.
Your day to day work will include the development of soft skills such as Power Point and presentation skills, client management, team management and partner relationship management.
• Manage day-to-day campaign performance and analysis working with junior-level Analysts and channel-specific Supervisors
• Perform research to understand audiences, micro-moments and how these translate into search behaviors
• Use data and trends to identify opportunities for expanding or optimizing campaigns
• Evaluate creative ads for search engine specifications and advise creative team on best practices
• Traffic, upload, and QA keywords, ads, targeting parameters and landing URLs
• Perform account diagnostic checks
• Run reports as scheduled, and also ad hoc
• Monitor campaigns to ensure proper pacing, avoid under- or over-spend, traffic abnormalities, and additional opportunities
• Provide optimization recommendations
• Stay on top of the latest trends in tools, technology and social media platforms
• Develop keyword lists, audiences, match types, and organize into a cohesive strategic campaign and present/review with clients for approval
• Define audience parameters, ad unit types, KPIs, budget caps and allocations and other campaign controls to ensure all search performs according to the brief and delivers on the measurement plan
• Have an expert understanding of all social campaign management tools including SA360 and DV360
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary. Generous benefits including health coverage, unlimited PTO and matching 401(k)
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.